- Expandable up to 5 Standard Bus modules.
- DC power socket – 2.1/5.5mm barrel jack for 5v input
- Includes 5 x 40 pin straight sockets, 1x 40 pin right angle socket and 1 x 40 pin right angle header
- Clearly labelled pin identifiers.
- Nice rounded corners and mounting holes
- Power LED
- Reset button
- Same profile as RC2014 Mini and Micro Keyboard
The RC2014 Backplane 5 can be used to mount the 5 core modules (CPU, ROM, RAM, Clock & Serial I/O) for a small neat RC2014. 5 straight 40 way sockets are supplied for this.
Alternatively, it can be used to extend your existing RC2014, either horizontally or vertically if you want extra slots. 40 way right angle pins and 40 way right angle sockets are supplied to enable this. You can also chain more than 1 of these boards (Sorry, I’m not sure what the maximum is yet… but if you find out, please let me know!)
RC2014 Backplane 5 can be powered with 6-14v with the addition of a LM7805 regulator. Footprints for the regulator and caps are on the PCB. If you are using a regulated 5v supply, such as from a USB adapter, simply jumper across the 5v Direct pads.
For PCB Only option, see Backplane PCB listing
Other modules shown in the photos are for illustration purposes only.